- October 1 - New Autumn class schedule starts. One new class, a new instructor and four class time changes. Be sure to check out the new schedule!
- October 2 - New yoga class starts: Restorative Yoga with Amy Sundays at 5:30pm.
- October 15 - Meditation Basics workshop with Tenaya, Greg and Casimira from 2:00pm-6:00pm. Please register in advance.
- September 23 - Fourth Fridays: Guided Breathing class with Tenaya from 7:00pm-8:00pm. Please register in advance.
- September 30 - Special FIFTH Friday! Sound of OM class with Sarah from 7:00pm-8:00pm. Please register in advance.
- October 7 - First Fridays: Dance Journeys class with Sarah from 7:00pm-9:00pm. Please register in advance.
- October 14 - Second Fridays: Guided Meditation class with Tenaya from 7:00pm-8:00pm. Please register in advance.
- October 21 - Third Fridays: Partner Yoga class with Gail from 7:00pm-8:00pm. Please register in advance.
Special FIFTH Friday of this month, September 30, 2016, 7-8pm
Cost: You can use any Breathe yoga/class pass to attend this session.
You must register in advance.
Please sign-up online in advance. Please note that for our Friday night series, we ask you to have a pass paid in advance, rather than paying at the door. This will minimize chaos and allow us to feature guest instructors.
Have you been looking to deepen your ability to OM in yoga class?
On this special Fifth Friday event, come and sit in a circle of community as we explore OM! This will be a night to explore the most famous mantra and to exercise the power of our voices!
We will discuss what OM is, why we OM, strategies for unleashing your OM and play in the vibration of our collective OM!
Namaste & OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Level = All
Intensity/Exertion = Low
Date: Saturday, October 15, 2:00-6:00pm
Cost: $40 (discounted to $35 if registered & paid by October 8)
Instructors: Tenaya, Casimira & Greg
Whether you're new to meditation or just wanting to improve your practice, this course will help you learn a variety of ways to make your meditation more effective. The focus is for the beginner student, but seasoned meditators will get value as well.
We're delighted to welcome our newest yoga instructor, Amy. She'll be teaching three classes, starting October 1:
- Restorative/Yin Yoga on Sunday evenings at 5:30pm (starts Sunday, October 2)
- Restorative/Yin Yoga on Tuesdays at 8:00pm (starts Tuesday, October 4)
- Flow Yoga on Thursdays at 5:00pm (starts Thursday, October 6)
Be sure to come check out her classes and say hello!
Here's some information about Amy:
"Yoga is for everybody and every body." That's the driving philosophy behind Amy's yoga passion. With the proper modification and instruction, she believes there is absolutely no person who cannot benefit from a regular practice of yoga. Her path to yoga began in a preschool classroom where she incorporated various styles of asana and movement-based activities for more than ten years. During that time, Amy began her own practice in a local studio based on the hatha tradition. The combination of practicing and teaching yoga was so transformative that she decided to pursue teacher training. Amy completed her 200 hour RYT certification from Peachtree Yoga Center in Sandy Springs, Georgia.
Amy's classes include a mix of gentle movement sequences and supported yin-inspired held postures. Emphasis is placed on the body-breath connection. Props and modifications are utilized and encouraged to support students of all levels in their practice.
Outside of the yoga classroom, Amy enjoys exploring her new home in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, Kevin, and their four-year-old fur child, Georgia.
We're excited to announce that we've recently hired another new massage therapist, Shelby. She'll be on schedule on Saturdays and Sundays, along with Monday, Tuesday and Friday afternoons/evenings, helping us round out our evening and weekend hours. Schedule a massage -- she's awesome!
Here's some information about Shelby:
Shelby was born and raised in the Smoky Mountains of NC. At age 10, she first began learning and practicing yoga and quickly fell in love with it. Later in life she discovered the glory of massage therapy and soon after graduated from college with a Diploma of Therapeutic Massage.
Shelby has been practicing professionally since 2013 and has become very passionate about yoga and other holistic ways of living. She loves to be active outdoors and spend time with her loving boyfriend and three dogs.
We've added a series of rotating Friday night classes at 7:00pm.
Each class is a stand-alone class (no need to commit to a series), and you can use your regular Breathe class pass for each. We do require that you sign up in advance, so that the instructor doesn't have to deal with payments on Friday night. This will help reduce chaos, but also allow us to feature some guest instructors.
Come check out this fun new series and let us know what you think!